JustFoodForDogs Do It Yourself Nutrient Blend Chicken Recipe for Dogs
JustFoodForDogs Chicken and Rice DoItYourself kit contains an easy to use cooking guide for you to make the same recipe we do in our own kitchen. Each kit also contains human grade nutrients designed specifically to balance this recipe to NRC standards for long term feeding (makes approximately 30 lbs of food). DIY kit contains recipe and nutrient blend only- whole food ingredients must be purchased separately.
About The Manufacturer
Just Food For Dogs is a California-based company specializing in developing and producing human-grade food, treats, and supplements for dogs and cats.
JFFD’s Nutrient Blend is formulated specifically for each recipe to meet NRC RA recommendations. The blend is compounded from 100% human-grade nutraceuticals sourced from a facility regulated by the FDA.
Chicken Thigh With Skin
Long Grain White Rice, Enriched
Omega Plus Fish Oil
JustFoodForDogs Nutrient Blend for the respective recipe - Nutrient Blend is composed of our Multi-Vitamin & Mineral Blend
One copy of the DIY Cooking Guide
Makes three full batches or six half batches
Our DIY Kit does not include the additional ingredients necessary to prepare the meal. Please use the Cooking Guide to purchase ingredients at your local store or market. Omega Plus can be purchased separately.
This full recipe will yield approximately 9 pounds of food, equating to approximately 5,325 calories (kcals). To make less food, try the half recipe below.
- 2 pounds 4 ounces chicken thighs, skinless, boneless, diced or ground, raw weight
- 1 pounds 4 ounces chicken thighs, with skin, boneless, diced or ground, raw weight
- 6 ounces chicken gizzards, diced or ground, raw weight
- 5 ounces chicken liver, diced or ground, raw weight
- 24 ounces enriched long grain white rice, dry weight
- 8 ounces spinach, finely chopped
- 8 ounces carrots, finely chopped
- 8 ounces green or red apples, cored, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons JustFoodForDogs Omega Plus Fish Oil
- 5.25 tablespoons JustFoodForDogs Chicken and White Rice DIY Nutrient Blend
To make half the food, simply follow the same preparation and cooking instructions but use the measurements below. Note: DIY Nutrient Blend amounts for half recipes are always in teaspoons.
- 18 ounces chicken thighs, skinless, boneless, diced or ground, raw weight
- 10 ounces chicken thighs, with skin, boneless, diced or ground, raw weight
- 3 ounces chicken gizzards, diced or ground, raw weight
- 2.5 ounces chicken liver, diced or ground, raw weight
- 12 ounces enriched long grain white rice, dry weight
- 4 ounces spinach, finely chopped
- 4 ounces carrots, finely chopped
- 4 ounces green or red apples, cored, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoons JustFoodForDogs Omega Plus Fish Oil
- 7.75 teaspoons JustFoodForDogs Chicken and White Rice DIY Nutrient Blend
1. Wash all vegetables thoroughly.
2. Use fresh vegetables whenever possible, but if one or two items must be frozen, make sure there are no added ingredients such as salt or sugar.
3. Make absolutely certain that all apples have been cored and all seeds removed -- apple core/seeds can be toxic to dogs.
1. In a nonstick skillet, brown chicken thighs, chicken gizzards and chicken liver over medium high heat, stirring frequently. Add spinach, carrots, and apples while chicken is slightly pink. Continue to cook until chicken is fully cooked and vegetables are soft. Do not drain. Let the mixture cool until it is warm to the touch.
2. Cook rice according to package directions. Let cool.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients, including oil. Slowly sprinkle in DIY Nutrient Blend until fully incorporated.
4. Portion into individual-serving sizes and store in freezer or refrigerator. Stored in the refrigerator, this recipe will stay fresh 4-6 days.