My Dog Nose It! Balm Sunscreen
My Dog Nose It Balm is a dog-safe sunscreen that is completely natural and water resistant. This sunscreen not only protects your pet, but also soothes and heals by adding moisture to your dog’s skin. Use this product on your pet’s nose, ears, and other unprotected areas to keep them safe from skin cancer.
About The Manufacturer
Jill Stephens noticed that her best buddy, Cody Joe, was starting to see some effects of the sun. His nose was becoming a lighter color and dark spots, like a freckle or sun spot, were also showing up. She showed her Veterinarian and he said it was all due to sun exposure and that she should be using some sort of sunscreen on him. After lots of research and studying way too many chemicals she could not pronounce, she found that most of the ingredients that we humans use are not only dangerous, but even poisonous to animals! With nothing on the market specifically targeting nose protection for animals she hired a chemist and started to develop what eventually became My Dog Nose It! And the rest, as they say, is history.
- Octinoxate USP 7.5% (derived from Cinnamon oil) UV-absorber
- Oxybenzone USP 3% (derived from Benzoic acid, from gum benzoin) UV-absorber
- Carnauba Wax from the Carnaubeira Palm leaves, natural esters help to coat skin
- Corn Starch from corn grain, used for product consistency/uniformity
- Ethylhexyl Stearate from coconut oil, emollient ester
- Hydrogenated Castor Oil from castor oil, used to thicken anhydrous balms
- Ozokerite from earth wax, used for skin protection
- Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil unique oil for product spreadability
- Schhinziophyton Rautanenii (Mongongo) Kernel Oil from the African Mongongo tree, used for centuries as a natural skin protectant
- Silica porous sand for product thickening
- Sorbitan Sesquioleate derived from sorbitol & olive oil
- Talc earth mineral, for product spreadability
When playing outdoors or in the water we recommend applying a thin layer every two hours.