NaturVet Tear Stain Powder Supplement for Dogs & Cats
For use in dogs and cats over the age of 12 weeks.
Helps with unsightly tear stains from the inside out.
• Helps Support Immune System
• Lubricates Mucous Membranes
• Extremely Palatable
• Natural Active Ingredients
• Helps Unsightly Tear Stains
About The Manufacturer
Naturvets mission is to produce pet products that address the cause, not just the symptom, while inspiring health conscious individuals to take responsibility for their pets' health and well-being. We aspire to follow and provide the latest natural and scientific research in a practical, easy to understand format that motivates and educates our customers to make safe and healthy choices for their pets.
Active Ingredients per 1.7cc (1/3 teaspoon) scoop:
Cranberry Extract 105 mg
Oregon Grape Root 34 mg
Vitamin C (Calcium Ascorbate) 34 mg
Eyebright Herb Extract (Euphrasia officinalis) 30 mg
Marshmallow Root 23 mg
Linolenic Acid Omega-3 (Flaxseed) 10 mg
Lutein 2.5 mg
Linoleic Acid Omega-6 (Flaxseed) 2.4 mg
Inactive Ingredients: Citric Acid, Dried Whey, Mixed Tocopherols, Natural Flavoring, Non-Fat Dry Milk, Rosemary Extract, and Silica Aerogel.
Guaranteed Analysis per 2g Wafer:
dl-Methionine (133 mg) 6.65%
*Alpha-Amylase (Aspergillus oryzae) 23.2 SKBU(1)
* Lipase (Aspergillus niger) 2.1 LU(2)
*Cellulase (Trichoderma longibrachiatum) 0.75 CMCU(3)
*Protease (Papaya) 221 PU(4)
*Bacillus coagulans 1 Million CFU
(All Values are minimum unless otherwise stated.)
*Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles.
Metabolizable Energy (ME) as fed: 2900 kcal/kg (5.8 kcal/wafer)
This product is intended for intermittent or supplemental feeding only.
(1) One SKB unit is defined as the amount of enzyme needed to form 10 mg of reducing sugars from 1% soluble starch solution at pH 5.0 and 40 °C in 30 minutes. (2) One FCC Lipase Unit (LU) is defined as that quantity of enzyme that will liberate the equivalent of one μmol of acid (H+) per minute from the substrate, under the conditions of the assay. The assay is based on a five-minute hydrolysis of an olive oil substrate at pH 6.5 and 30 °C. The fatty acids released on hydrolysis of the glycerol esters are determined by titration with sodium hydroxide. (3) One carboxymethyl cellulose unit (CMCU) is that amount of enzyme which liberates one micromole of reducing sugar (expressed as glucose equivalents) in one minute under the conditions of the assay. (4) The activity of bromelain is measured in the FCC PU; the assay of which is based on the hydrolysis of casein. This assay is based on a 60-minute proteolytic hydrolysis of a casein substrate at pH 6.0 and 40 °C. One PU (Papain Unit) is defined as that quantity of enzyme that liberates the equivalent of 1μg of tyrosine per hour under the conditions of the assay.
Dogs & Cats Up to 15 lbs. 1/3 teaspoon
Dogs 16 to 50 lbs. 2/3 teaspoon
Dogs 51 lbs. and over 1-1/3 teaspoons
Note: Give daily until tear stains subside then continue use for additional 30 days. After 30 days, stop administration and use only when needed. There are approximately 88 teaspoons in a 200 gram bottle. Allow 45-60 days for results.
Helpful Tips: To remove existing tear stains use NaturVet Tear Stain Remover Topical for external use. Trim stained fur until new unstained fur grows in. Coloring added to pet food can contribute to tear stains.
Safe use in pregnant animals or animals intended for breeding has not been proven. Absorption of drugs taken simultaneously may be delayed. If animal’s condition worsens or does not improve, stop product administration and consult your veterinarian.
For animal use only. Keep out of the reach of children and other animals. In case of accidental overdose, contact a health professional immediately.