pets adopted and counting.
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the 2021 Pet Food Express Virtual Pet Fair?
- Save the date! The 11th annual Pet Food Express Pet Fair is happening virtually, all September long! From 9/1/21 through 9/30/21, you can access the Virtual Pet Fair to see listings for over 7,000 adoptable animals, browse our favorite vendor brands and learn about CA’s vibrant Pet Community. Plus, the live weekend will be September 11 & 12, with the chance to chat live with representatives in the booths, view live speakers and presentations, an adoption live-stream, contests, giveaways and more!
How do I log into the Pet Fair?
- If you have already registered, go to www.petfood.express/petfair and click on Visit the Pet Fair. This will take you to the event platform where you can enter the email you used to register and gain access to the pet fair!
- If you have not yet registered, go to www.petfood.express/petfair and click on Register Now. Once you submit the completed form you will receive an email confirming you have been registered. Once registered, follow the steps above to gain access to the pet fair.
- You can also download the “Pet Fair” app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
What browser should I use?
- Google Chrome is the recommended browser for our website and the event platform. We recommend not using Internet Explorer. Closing or limiting the use of other tabs, websites and applications will give you the best viewing experience.
How much does the Pet Fair cost to attend?
- The Pet Fair is completely free to attend. Pet Food Express hosts the Pet Fair, with the support of our vendor-sponsors, in appreciation of our amazing Pet Community and our non-profit rescue and shelter partners.
How do I adopt through the PFE Pet Fair?
- Each Rescue partner has a booth with information on adoptable pets and the adoption process specific to that group. In addition to the application process, some groups will interview the prospective adopter while others may want to do a home visit or check with a landlord. Many partners accept applications in advance so you can be pre-approved when you find the pet that is right for you. Click here to view all rescue groups. Use the filter option at the top of the page to narrow your search.
How much are pet adoptions?
- Adoptions fees are an important part of our non-profit rescue partners' work, and fees vary by adoption group. Individual groups will be able to give you more information about their adoption costs and for most partners this will also be available in their virtual booths and on their websites.
Don’t you need to meet the pet in-person before you adopt? How do virtual adoptions work?
- We certainly don't recommend that anyone adopt a pet sight-unseen. We are using the virtual format to bring tons of rescues and shelters, who otherwise have to rely on live adoption events or shelter visits for anyone to view their adoptable pets, together in one place. This way, you don’t have to visit a bunch of different places or sites to view all of the animals available. Then, once you see a listing for a pet that you want to meet, you will be able to schedule a video meet-and-greet or and in-person introduction to meet your possible new pet and to otherwise work directly with the adoption partner to make sure the pet is a great fit for your home and family.
What are the days and times of the in-store adoption events?
- There will be in-store adoption events at 20 Pet Food Express locations the weekend of September 11th & 12th! Go to www.petfood.express/petfair and click on the Join Us tab to view a map of in-store event locations and details.
What are the days and times of the live virtual events?
- Live virtual events are happening through the day on September 11th & 12th! Click here for a list of event times and details.
How do I enter to Virtual Pet Fair Sweepstakes?
- First go to www.petfood.express/sweepstakes. Click on Register Now and you will be directed to an entry form. Entrants must complete the form, be at least 18 years of age and live in CA. Once you submit your entry, you have the opportunity to earn additional entries by searching for “Pet Fair Sweepstakes” badges on the Virtual Pet Fair platform. Badges will be randomly placed throughout the platform and users can click on a badge for additional entries. Badges will be available on the platform beginning 9/1/21 and continuing through 9/12/21, while some badges will go live 9/11 & 9/12. You can read the full rules at www.petfood.express/sweepstakes
When is the Virtual Pet Fair Sweepstakes?
- You can enter the sweepstakes beginning 12:00 am PST 9/1/21 and continuing through 11:59 pm PST 9/12/21.
How will I find out if I win the sweepstakes?
- Once the sweepstakes is over (11:59 pm PST) 9/12/21, the sweepstakes sponsor will gather all of the eligible entries (and bonus entries) and randomly draw a winner for the grand prize package. The winner will be contacted by phone and email. They will have 5 days to accept the prize and return all of the required paperwork. If the winner doesn’t respond in the allotted time, a new winner will be chosen.
Are there activities for me to do with my pet?
- While leashed pets are always welcome at the Pet Fair, we think that this year many of our furry friends will probably appreciate being able to follow along from the comfort of their dog bed or cat tree! We have a variety of activities planned that you can do along with your pet, including “Ask a Trainer” where you can learn specialty tips and tricks from some of our favorite dog trainers, and “B Y O C (Bring Your Own Cat) Cat Yoga”, where you can follow along with a fun feline yoga class live-streamed from Cat Town Oakland!
So, there’s no in-person Bay Area Pet Fair this year?
- We hope to be back at the Fairgrounds some year very soon, but in order to include as many people as possible, as safely as possible, this year’s Pet Fair is virtual and not in-person. If you must snuggle an adoptable puppy, kitten or bunny in person, though, there will be pop-up live adoptions events in 20 Pet Food Express stores across the state on September 11th & 12th.
What happens if my adopted pet ends up not being a good fit in my home?
- All of the rescues and shelters participating in the Virtual Pet Fair want their pets to find lasting lifelong homes! If for any reason you find that your new pet is not an ideal fit in your home, the our partners will gladly work with you to find the most positive and appropriate solution, including taking back the pet and finding a new adopter if necessary.
Can I re-home my dog, cat or other pet at the Pet Fair?
- No. The Virtual Pet Fair is strictly for rescue and shelter adoptions, not for owner surrenders. You will need to contact a rescue group or shelter separately from the Pet Fair to see if they can help you re-home your pet.
I still have questions, who should I contact?
- If you have additional question please contact our Customer Success Group using the chat feature on the lower right corner of your screen, or call us at 510-609-3600.