Your privacy is very important to us.
2. Information Collection Practices
2.1. Types of Information Collected
(a) We automatically track and collect the following categories of information when you visit our Site: (1) IP addresses; (2) domain servers; (3) types of computers accessing the Site; and (4) types of web browsers used to access the Site (collectively "Traffic Data"). Traffic Data is anonymous information that does not personally identify you but is helpful for marketing purposes or for improving your experience on the Site. We also use "cookies" to customize content specific to your interests, to ensure that you do not see the same advertisement repeatedly, and to remember you each time you visit the Site.
(b) In order for you to access certain services that we offer via the Site, we may require you to provide us with certain information that personally identifies you ("Personal Information"). Personal Information includes the following categories of information: (1) Contact Data (such as your name, mailing address, and e-mail address); and (2) Financial Data (such as your account or credit card number).
Account Registration. We collect your name and contact information when you create an account. We use this information to provide account-related functionalities to our users. Accounts can be used for easy checkout and to save your preferences and transaction history.
If you receive email from us, we use certain tools to capture data related to when you open our message, click on any links or banners it contains and make purchases. We use this information to understand how you interact with our communications to you.
When you sign up for one of our mailing lists, we collect your email address. Where required by law, we have obtained your consent to share information about our products or services. We also use this information to send you information about our products or services.
We collect information from your mobile device, including web browser cookies. We use this information to design a better mobile experience and enhance the mobile performance of the site.
We collect your name, billing address, shipping address, e-mail address, phone number, and payment card information when you place an order. We use this information to perform our contract to provide you with products or services or show you things you might like.
Sweepstakes or contests
When you participate in a sweepstakes or contest, we collect information about you which includes contact information to notify you if you are selected. We use this information to operate the sweepstakes. In some contests we are also required by law to collect information about those that enter our sweepstakes.
Third Party Advertising
We participate in behavior-based advertising. This means that a third party may use technology (e.g., a cookie (further described below)) to collect information about your use of our website so that they can provide advertising about products and services tailored to your interests. That advertising may appear either on our websites, or on other websites. Cookies may be managed by following instructions provided by your browser. We use this information to offer you more relevant marketing and promotions.
3. Our Information Sharing Practices
3.1 (a). We use Contact Data to send you information about our company or our products or services, or promotional material from some of our partners, or to contact you when necessary. We use your Financial Data to bill you for products and services.
3.2 Public Areas. Your use of areas of the Site that are intended for interaction with other users (e.g., message boards, discussion rooms, and other online forums) may allow you to post information. By choosing to use these areas, you understand and agree that anyone may access, use, and disclose any information that you post to those areas. In addition, if you are a participating shelter or rescue organization, any Personal Information you provide to enable users of the Site to contact you will be shared.
4. Choice/Opt-Out. We offer you the opportunity to choose not to receive communications from us. If you would like to take advantage of this opportunity, please contact us by e mail at email@example.com. Please note that sometimes these requests may take up to ten business days to process.
5. Modifying and Deleting Your Information. If you would like to modify or delete from our database any User Information you previously submitted or any information you posted on the Site, please contact us by e mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that sometimes these requests may take up to ten business days to process, that any User Information that we have copied may remain in back-up storage for some period of time after your request. Also, please note that we will maintain User Information in our database whenever we are required to do so by law.
6. Security. We have implemented reasonable measures to help protect your User Information from loss, misuse, or unauthorized access or disclosure. Unfortunately, however, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your User Information, we cannot guarantee its security.
7. Links. The Site may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of any such other website and urge you to review such practices prior to submitting any information to such websites.
8. Children’s Privacy. We are committed to protecting the privacy needs of children and we encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities and interests. The Site is not intended for and may not be used by children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13 and we do not target the Site to children under the age of 13. If we learn or have reason to suspect that a Site user is under age 13, we will promptly delete any personal information in that user's account.
10. Your California Privacy Rights
To obtain this information, please send an e-mail message to email@example.com. with "Request for California Privacy Information" in the subject line and in the body of your message. We will provide in response the requested information to you at your e-mail address.