To our Pet Food Express community,
We are committed to caring for the overall health and wellness of you and your pets. Like you, we are doing everything we can to flatten the curve and slow the spread of COVID-19. To protect your health and safety and minimize social exposure, we hope you will use our online delivery or curbside pickup services. To use our curbside pickup service, select the Pick-Up-In-Store option at checkout, and we will have your purchase ready for you when you arrive.
What else we’re doing:
Place an online order to use our curbside pickup or delivery service. Get free same-day delivery (over $30). Enter coupon code WELCOME20 at checkout for 20% off your first online order.
Pet Expert Phone Line
Try our new Pet Expert phone line to provide the product advice and support you know us for. This line can take phone orders for those who prefer the phone to online ordering. Contact us here.
Store Events & Services
In-store services are reopening on a limited basis. Call your store for details. Most adoption events are continue to be cancelled to promote social distancing.
Reduced Store Hours
Increasing deep cleanings of our stores, office, and distribution center.
Providing paid time off and helping employees ensure that they do not miss a paycheck if they need to stay home and reducing store hours to accommodate our employees’ family needs.
COVID-19 AND YOUR PET
The CDC has helpful information on COVID-19 and your pet, which we highly encourage you to read here. Below are some important excerpts (direct quotes):
- At this time, there is no evidence that animals play a significant role in spreading the virus that causes COVID-19.
- Based on the limited information available to date, the risk of animals spreading COVID-19 to people is considered to be low.
- More studies are needed to understand if and how different animals could be affected by COVID-19.
- A small number of pet cats and dogs have been reported to be infected with the virus in several countries, including the United States. Most of these pets became sick after contact with people with COVID-19.
- Until we know more, CDC recommends the following:
- Treat pets as you would other human family members – do not let pets interact with people outside the household.
- Keep cats indoors when possible and do not let them roam freely outside.
- Walk dogs on a leash, maintaining at least 6 feet (2 meters) away from others.
- Avoid public places where a large number of people gather.
- Do not put face coverings on pets. Covering a pet’s face could harm them.
- If a person inside the household becomes sick, isolate that person from everyone else, including pets.
- If you must care for your pet or be around animals while you are sick, wear a cloth face covering and wash your hands before and after you interact with them.
We take our responsibility to the pet community seriously. As we learn, we will continue to keep you informed. Our hearts go out to everyone whose lives have been affected. We are a California company and we are in this with you.
Michael Levy and Mark Witriol
Founders and Co-Owners, Pet Food Express