We hope you will use our Delivery service. If you do need to come into the store, you can use Buy-Online-Pick-Up-In-Store so we can have your purchase ready for you.
We have been advised that each of the counties where we operate stores consider us an essential service, similar to grocery stores. We are working now to determine how we can best get our community's pets fed while reducing the number of people in our store.
We are consolidating stores and reducing the hours we are open to the public. Store hours for open stores will be limited to 11am-6pm, allowing us to use the rest of our time to fill delivery orders and keep our stores clean.
- Glendale 11am - 4pm
- Rolling Hills 11am - 4pm
The following stores are closed:
- Blackhawk (Online delivery available)
- El Cerrito (Online delivery available)
- Martinez (Online delivery available)
- Millbrae (Online delivery available)
- Mountain View (Online delivery available)
- Novato (Online delivery available)
- Saratoga (Online delivery available)
- Land Park (Opening postponed, online delivery available)
Thank you for your understanding. We are doing our best to get your pets fed while protecting our employee community.
Steps We're Taking to Respond to COVID-19
To our PFE community,
We are committed to supporting pets, pet parents, and our people. Just as during the wildfires, our stores are open to ensure that all pets have everything they need. We will continue to do our best to support you and your pets any way we can.
We offer free same-day delivery. As much as we love seeing you and your pets in our stores, we encourage you to use online delivery.
What we're doing:
- Continuously disinfecting all high-touch areas, including cash registers, carts, pet wash stations and home office workstations with a hospital-grade disinfecting cleaner.
- Increasing deep cleanings of our stores, office, and distribution center.
- Cancelling all in store adoption events, dog training classes, and vaccination clinics.
- Closing our pet washes.
- Providing paid time off and helping employees ensure that they do not miss a paycheck if they need to stay home. In our Home Office, many of our employees will be working from home.
Covid-19 and your pet:
The CDC has helpful information on Covid-19 and your pet, which we highly encourage you to read here. Below are some important excerpts (direct quotes):
- To date, CDC has not received any reports of pets or other animals becoming sick with COVID-19.
- At this time, there is no evidence that companion animals including pets can spread COVID-19. However, since animals can spread other diseases to people, it's always a good idea to wash your hands after being around animals.
- You should restrict contact with pets and other animals while you are sick with COVID-19, just like you would around other people... When possible, have another member of your household care for your animals while you are sick.
We take our responsibility to the pet community seriously. As we learn, we will continue to keep you informed.
Our hearts go out to everyone whose lives have been affected. We are a California company and we are in this with you.
Founders and Co-Owners, Pet Food Express